Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fun people




We have spent lots of time with lots of fun people lately! Noah spent last Saturday night with Aunt Kelly, and Dave and I celebrated our anniversary (the big 0-6) by going out to a nice dinner and watching a couple movies in peace and quiet at home. We're wild and crazy people, we know!

We spent a good part of this week with Brandi and Laura (or "Di" and "Lala," depending on who's talking to them). Grandma Norita came down last night, and she stayed with Noah while Dave and I went to a party with lots of friends. Had a great time, but we didn't get to bed til after 1 a.m. Normally we could handle this, but we got up around 6:30 this morning to go to a 5K run/walk in Jeff City! I think we all did OK, though!

The race started in downtown Jeff City (near Chez Monet and the Coffee Zone, if that means anything to you). It looped through downtown and went around the Capitol. Then it continued on Main Street over 63 Highway and almost halfway to Granny and Mickey's old house! I thought I'd have to ask Molly and Koil (their old neighbors and friends) to pick me up! The course turned onto High Street and went back over 63 Highway. Then we got to climb the very steep hill near the Truman Building! It was a great walk!

After the race and running a couple errands, we went to Mickey and Regina's for lunch. Everyone had a great visit and wonderful lunch (as always), and Tracy (Regina's daughter) joined us. Noah loved running around their house and climbing all over the furniture. He ate pretty well, too, and was asleep before we got back to 63, I think!

We spent the rest of the day playing and dealing with diaper rash. Poor guy! We'd switched to the Target brand diapers, and I feel like he's had at least a little bit of rash since then. I think he had additional problems today, but Dave ran out for some Pampers, just in case! It really stinks because the store brand is so much cheaper! Not worth this horrible pain, though.

Boys in my house have been sleeping for about three hours now, and I've been hanging out! Got my nails done, watched some shows and read. Great way to end a crummy work week, and we're looking forward to Grandma Pat visiting tomorrow. Hope she has pictures of Alli with her!

Noah is loving preschool at Carol's. This week they learned about animals and made chicken-face masks. We can't always get Noah to try on the things he makes, but he loved showing us the mask! No, you can't actually see his eyes, but you can see his nose sticking out!


No comments: