Brr! It's really cold out lately! And Noah and Dave both have colds - I'm trying to avoid that. We'll see how that goes!
Noah had his 17-month check-up last week. He didn't have to get shots! Apparently, he's caught up until he turns 2. We'll take it! He is 31 1/2 inches long and weighed 19 lb 12 oz at his appointment. He seems to be waivering back and forth over the 20 lb mark, but he seems to be really healthy. He has days where he just doesn't eat a whole lot except yogurt or fruit, but then he'll have other days where he packs it in! We've been eating stew the last couple days. I wasn't sure how well he'd do with it, as he hasn't been super-interested in vegetables lately, but he has been eating it right up!
He's still chattering along, and we still have no clue what he's saying! Dave swears Noah said "glasses" last week, but he hasn't said it since. He's taken to whispering sometimes! We'll be walking through the house, and he just whispers his little words! So funny!
As we've mentioned before, we have a climber. This is what I found when I walked into the office yesterday.
I found him this way Saturday morning, too, but I couldn't get the camera quickly enough. He was scooted off the computer and close to the edge of the desk, so it was time to put that fun to an end! We have to close the door again!
We got our Christmas tree Saturday from Starr Pines, about five miles outside Boonville. We've gone there three or four times the last few years and love it! This family started planting trees right after they were married over 20 years ago, and they open on Thanksgiving every year. They take you out to the field on a hay wagon, give you a saw to cut your tree, then shake it out and wrap it for you after they bring you back to their shop. Inside the shop (well, really, it's more of a metal shed), they have some crafts, ornaments and chocolate for sale. They have hot cider inside, next to the box of Kleenex!
So Dave and I put the tree up and all the Christmas decorations out Saturday night. So far, Noah has not ventured near the tree! He has a fear of grass (no idea why), and he won't touch leaves or flowers or anything! Except he loved playing with the hay on the wagon! So strange.
At any rate, we're taking advantage of this. We sure this will be the last year for a while that we'll be able to have ornaments toward the bottom of the tree and gifts wrapped underneath it! Take what you can get!
I have to work most of the weekend, but we're looking forward to a visit from Grandma Norita! Her birthday was yesterday, so we're going to celebrate when she gets here. She offered to stay with Noah while I work Friday night and we attend Brandi's graduation later that night. Yea, Brandi! It's really almost over!
No comments:
Post a Comment